Sunday, November 21, 2010

Serigraph (silkscreen) Commission in progress

I pulled Colors 12 and 13 today. I'm thinking one more color on the far side of the river, possibly two more. Then the Bighorn Sheep will be started (probably five or six colors on each one.) It's been cold outside; Minus 8 degrees when I left the studio at midnight. It did stop snowing (finally) but the night sky was clear, so with no cloud cover the temperature will drop even more before daybreak. I keep the studio at about 50 or 55 degrees - perfect for working and the screen inks flow just right.
 (Above) Color 12 is a slightly peachy tone that covers the far side of the river and the distant landforms. My lighting was slightly different when I photographed tonight so the colors as they appear in the photo are a bit closer to the actual colors than most all of the previous progression photos posted.
(Below) Color 13 starts to show some definition in the far side of the river and the distant landforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment